Another national coffee championship has come and gone, but it’s thanks to the support of dedicated businesses and sponsors who help bring these competitions to life each year.
We promised a bigger and better 2019, and so far the year has not disappointed.
The 2019 ASCA Australian Coffee Championships were the biggest and most successful yet, crowning our newest Australian champions.
- Matthew Lewin of Ona Coffee – Vitasoy Australian Barista Champion
- Yanina Ferryra of Project Origin – Australian Brewers Cup Champion
- MJ Kim of Shamble Coffee Brewers – TCX Australian Cup Tasters Champion
- Jibbi Little of Jibbibug – Pauls Professional Australian Latte Art Champion.
As you read this, Matthew Lewin and Yanina Ferryra will be wowing the world in Boston, United States at the World Barista Championships and World Brewers Cup respectively, with MJ Kim and Jibbi Little set to show the world what they can do in Berlin, Germany in June. We can’t wait to share the results of our national champions and wish them all the very best of luck.
Of course, it’s impossible to run these events without the support of some fantastic companies.
ASCA works with partners that reflect its passion for excellence in the Australian specialty coffee industry. It’s important to us that our members know who these companies are, so that we can ensure we’re all supporting those businesses that help us make this industry so great.
A special thanks goes to:
- Vitasoy, title sponsor of the Australian Barista Championship
- Pauls Professional, title sponsor and white milk supplier of the Australian Latte Art Championship
- TCX, title sponsor of the Australian Cup Tasters Championship
- AMC Roastery Supply, title sponsor of the Australian Roasting Championship, and grinder supplier across all Australian Coffee Championships
- Espresso Mechanics, the official equipment supplier of the Australian Coffee Championships
- Pullman Espresso Accessories, the official supplier of the baskets in all our espresso machines, and supporting sponsor of the Australian Barista Championship
- Pentair Everpure, supplier of all filters used in the Australian Coffee Championship and supporting sponsor of the Australian Latte Art Championship
- Xtracted Espresso Solutions, official competition bench supplier and supporting sponsor of the Australian Brewers Cup
- FTA Coffee, supplier of all Cup Tasters and Brewers Cup compulsory coffee, and supporting sponsor of the Australian Cup Tasters Championship
- Just Coffee Insurance, providing our members with an outstanding insurance solution and supporting sponsor of the Australian Cup Tasters Championship
- Castaway Packaging, supporting sponsor and supplier of all coffee bags for the Australian Roasting Championship
- Condesa, supporting sponsor and official green bean supplier for the Australian Roasting Championship
- Monin, title sponsor of the Coffee Chain Challenge.
- Silver Chef, corporate sponsor
- BeanScene magazine, corporate sponsor
Many of our sponsors offer members exclusive benefits and discounts. To see what these are, please log into your membership on the ASCA website and visit the ‘Special Offers’ section.
While I’m talking about member benefits, ASCA has launched its partnership with Member Advantage. The program offers all members an extensive range of benefits and discounts, including on dining, shopping, entertainment, and travel. These discounts extend outside of the coffee industry and are valid for a huge selection of everyday stores and experiences. You can access your Member Advantage discounts and offers through your membership login.