The Australian Specialty Coffee Association has announced the full program of speakers for its upcoming Symposium.
With speakers from leading Australian organisations including beyondblue and Planet Ark, as well as major publication Gourmet Traveller, attendees will be able to take away practical knowledge to apply to their business.
This is a must attend event for everyone in the hospitality industry looking to enhance their business.
The line of speakers includes:
- Mark Leopold, Head of Workplace Engagement, beyondblue, a national organisation that provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Mark is a passionate advocate of Heads Up – an initiative of beyondblueand the Mentally Healthy Workplace Alliance.
- Pat Nourse, Managing Editor and Chief Restaurant Critic, Gourmet Traveller. Pat is the Managing Editor and Chief restaurant critic of Gourmet Traveller. He has also written for international food and travel titles such as Lucky Peach, Fool, Gourmet, Saveur, Travel + Leisure and Afar, and has been the Australia-Oceania chair of the World’s 50 Best Restaurants since 2006.
- Yael Barkhan, Sydney Food Stylist. Yael is a passionate creative, who loves styling beautiful events, drool-worthy food dishes and creative “instagrammable” content. Spend five minutes with Yael and you’ll see that her passion for these beautiful creations is contagious.
- Nell Macdonald, Special Programs Manager, Planet Ark, one of Australia’s leading environmental behaviour change organisations with a focus on working collaboratively and positively with businesses, communities, and governments. As Special Programs Manager, Nell is managing the new program Coffee 4 Planet Ark. In Sydney alone almost 3000 tonnes of spent coffee grounds are sent to landfill annually. This program will aim to collect the spent coffee grounds produced in cafes across Australia to be repurposed into new and innovative end uses.
- Kyle Rutten, National Training Manager, Suntory Coffee Australia. Kyle has extensive experience in training and development, and people management. He has a strong background in specialty coffee with a focus in bringing that expertise into the corporate coffee industry.
- Peter Panagiotopoulos, Solicitor Director, Craft Legal. Peter is a leading lease and business sale negotiator who has protected the rights of food and beverage retailers for over two decades. Known within the industry as the cafelawyer, Peter has personally choreographed the establishment, growth and sale of hundreds of small businesses.
- Chanice Parker, Creative Director, Social Origin. Chanice is a digital marketer, specialised in social media strategy, brand development, and content creation. She is passionate about telling brand stories and building online communities and recently founded boutique digital marketing agency, Social Origin.
- Nadi Elias, CEO, Equus Partners. Small business investor, serial entrepreneur and café growth accountant, Nadi Elias has years of experience advising small businesses both locally and internationally. With millions in of profit created for his clients, Nadi has directly helped implement effective strategies to conquer everyday challenges.
- Rachael Hedges, Digital PR and Communications Manager, Wiley. Rachael brings a vast and international experience to the digital space. Rachel focuses on hospitality and food processing clients which keeps her finger on the pulse of both the food and digital landscape.
For more information and to book your tickets now, click here.