The Australian Specialty Coffee Association (ASCA) has announced Adam Marley of Monastery Coffee in Adelaide as the highest ranked roaster in the country leading into the Amc Roasters Supply NZ Australian Roasting Championship.
Roasters Guild Head Lucy Ward and her team spent 20 hours assessing entries from 30 competitors to find the best coffee roasters in the country.
The #ASCATop12 roasters includes:
1. Adam Marley of Monastery Coffee
2. Danilo Andrade of Extraction Artisan Coffee
3. Michael Allen of Small Batch Roasting Co
4. Ben Toovey of Genovese Coffee
5. Zenki Ho Code of Black Coffee Roasters
6. Tyler Ritchie of The Little Marionette
7. Nick Raven of Ravens Coffee Roastery
8. Kritsade Ngampongpan of St Ali
9. Keith Kleindiek of Grace & Taylor Coffee Company
10. Zach Oakes of Profile Coffee Roasters
11. Nameru Upretee of Stitch Coffee
12. Gareth Maddock of Veneziano Coffee Roasters
Each of these top 12 roasters have scored a place in the ASCA National Championship, taking place at the Melbourne International Coffee Expo (MICE) from 22 to 24 March.
The #ASCATop12 is a new coffee ranking system that seeds Australian competitors. Due to increasing volume of competitors in each competition category, the seeding helps decide who gets the precious spots in the open heats at the 2018 Australian Coffee Championship, taking place at MICE.
Archie Chiu of Code Black Coffee is the top ranked Brewer in the country, Jibbi Little is the highest ranked Latte Artist, Yama Kim is the top placed Cupper, and Angus Mackie of Ona Coffee is the top ranked barista.
For more information, visit australianspecialtycoffee.com.au/