The Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) has awarded the Nexus One espresso machine by the Queensland-based Aremde Best New Product in the Commercial Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment category.
The SCA held its Best New Product and Design Lab Awards at the 2019 World of Coffee trade show, which took place in Berlin, Germany from 6 to 8 June.
The Best New Product competition recognises new products judged on their quality and value to the specialty coffee and tea industry in one of the award’s eight categories.
The 2019 Best New Product winners are:
- Nexus One by Aremde – Commercial Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment
- the Barista Pro, Model #SES878 by Sage – Consumer Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment (Electrical)
- Cafflano Go-Brew (Portable Brewing Bottle) by BeansCorp Co – Consumer Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment (Non-Electrical)
- Coffee Tasting Cups TC1 by Espro – Coffee Accessories
- Green Tea Concentrate by Monin – Specialty Beverage Flavor Additive
- Pono 2019 by Savor Brands – Packaging
- Moon Brew by Lot Sixty One – Open Class
- Syncfo 4 in 1 Universal Coffee Analyzer by Krator Technology – Technology
This year, judges also awarded two honourable mentions:
- Touch 02 by Tone – Commercial Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment
- Flair Signature Pro – Black by Flair Espresso – Consumer Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment (Non-Electrical)
The 2019 Design Lab winners are:
- Carrow Coffee Roastery, designed by Carrow Coffee Roasters – Spaces Category
- Champion’s Signature Collection, Ben Sutton x Loveramics x Playset Coffee – Vessels Category
- SIMPLo – Packaging Category
- Café Nahual – Branding Category
For more information, visit www.worldofcoffee.org