Good Times Milk Bar in Bentleigh, Victoria, is back in business, officially reopening on the 3 June 2020 with a new menu created by Head Chef Matti Fallon.
The café says it used the lockdown period to rework its processes, favourite dishes, and takeaway offering, all while implementing new safety procedures to meet current regulations to ensure customer safety.
Former Head Chef of the Broadsheet Kitchen in Collingwood, Matti is a long-time friend of Good Times Milk Bar, working at the venue when it all began. Café owners says it only made sense for him to return to the kitchen.
Having also worked for venues such as Mamasita, Touche Hombre, Saint-Crispin, and Longrain, Matti was also the former owner – and head chef – of DuNord, now known as Osteria ilara. Also behind the business Princess Pies, Good Times Milk Bar says to be on the lookout for delicious pastries cooked up by the pie master.
The new Winter menu brings back some of the crowd favourites while refining and elevating the old classics.
Key new menu items include:
- Katsu Sando - Crumbed pork cutlet, coleslaw, mild curry mayo, white bread, fries
- Fritters – Corn & jalapeno, salsa verde, avocado, jalapeno mayo, zucchini, and coriander salad
- Hotcakes – Winter berries, berry compote, meringue, and chantilly mascarpone
- GTMB Big Breakfast - Poached eggs, grilled steak skewer, bacon, cherry tomatoes, king brown mushroom, white bean + goat’s cheese, hash brown, and toast
- Breakfast Greens - Buffalo mozzarella, broccolini, asparagus, snow pea tendrils, confit, egg, garlic chips, and lemon
- Fried Chicken Sando – Crispy buttermilk fried chicken, American cheddar, iceberg lettuce and jalapeno mayo, brioche bun, and fries
With COVID-19 restrictions in place, Good Time Milk Bar has introduced a ‘pay at table’ option available via smartphone. This will minimise interactions with staff and allow consumers to order all their favourite dishes to be delivered directly to their table. The app will have the entire menu available with dietaries listed and making alterations to orders is as easy as a click of a button.
Keeping social distancing in mind, the café is abiding by Government regulations, which allow a maximum of 20 people inside and 20 people in the courtyard, and puppies, of course. Consumers can also order a coffee by simply scanning their QR code to skip the queue.
Good Times Milk Bartrades as Tropico Taqueria after hours.
Good Times Milk Bar
83 Tucker Road, Bentleigh Victoria 3204
Open Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am to 4pm
Image: Simon Shiff