Lavazza Australia has been listed among Australia’s Top 40 Best Workplaces to Give Back in 2020 by charity platform Good Company.
With more than 300 entries from across the country, Good Company’s criteria was based on business that empowers its employees to give back – whether that be via payroll giving, paid volunteer leave, matching donations, fundraising, sponsorship, staff rewards, and other social activities.
Lavazza Australia’s contributions in 2020 included:
- Financial support for the January bushfires, with donations to the Red Cross through its presence at the 2020 Australian Open, with money donated for each cup of coffee sold,
- Product donations throughout the year via Foodbank, with a specific focus during the bushfire crisis as well as COVID-19,
- Hospital product donations, including machines and coffee, as well as support of the hospitality industry via the Hope delivery charities during COVID-19,
- Charity staff donations throughout the year
- And a volunteer leave policy, which offered staff two days paid leave per annum.
Endorsing the team’s mission in giving back, Lavazza’s APAC Managing Director Silvio Zaccareo says, “We are very proud of what we’ve been able to achieve this year in giving back to both our community and country.
“2020 has been challenging for so many, and as a business we understand that small changes have the power to make a world of difference.”
With commitments supporting local charities and global sustainability initiatives, Lavazza looks forward to continuing to give back in 2021 and beyond.
For more information, visit lavazza.com.au