Responsible Cafes, a 5000-strong network of cafés across Australia, is launching its first Stronger Together Cafe Summit across March.
The summit is calling on cafés to join a series of virtual sessions to learn how to increase customer engagement, reduce waste and carbon emissions, secure sustainable supply chains, and drive café profitability.
“We know 2020 was a tough year for the hospitality industry in so many ways. The use of single-use plastics in the café scene exploded with the confusion and fear around the spread of Covid-19, causing rising environmental and economic costs to businesses,” say Joanna Horsley, General Manager of Responsible Cafes.
“That’s why we’re turning the corner on 2021 to offer cafes across the country an opportunity to learn how to make positive changes in their businesses that make solid environmental and economic sense. The Summit offers cafes the chance to gain insights and inspiration from sustainability consultants, small business coaches, environmentally responsible brands and services combined with world class leading cafes.”
The four one-hour sessions will include:
- Listen to café leaders to gain insight and inspiration
- Understand business ethics and values to drive your responsible business
- Investigate zero waste and circular economy thinking to inspire café innovation
- Explore Responsible Cafe Business Models to maximise productivity and profitability
- Engage with customers to provide greater value and exceptional service
- Manage sustainable supply chains to increase social, environmental and economic impact
- Advice on how tell your story to share success, increase sales and motivate others
“If the last year has taught us anything, we know we are stronger working together – nearly as strong as your morning piccolo,” says Joanna.
Responsible Cafe members can sign up their team for $20. Non-member tickets are $40, or they can sign up to Responsible Cafes for free at responsiblecafes.org/register-new-user to pay the members-only price.
For more information, visit responsiblecafes.org/stronger-together-summit