Nomad Coffee Group is a collective of people and brands who believe great coffee can make a difference to the everyday. Driven by our shared aspirations, there is always something new to discover and learn.
Our brands include Veneziano Coffee Roasters, Coffee Hit, Black Bag Roasters and Flight Coffee. From our best-in-class roasteries, we partner with leading cafes across Australia and New Zealand and millions more enjoy our cup everyday at home.
We’ve grown our team from a small batch roaster into an industry powerhouse, selecting our people as carefully as we select our beans – only the best, most exceptional character profiles.
The Roastery Team Lead is responsible for direct coordination of the roasting and packing teams to achieve shift targets. You’ll be proficient in roasting processes and packing operations, ready to take the next step guiding and developing the team, and stretching beyond coffee roasting into scalable manufacturing excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced roaster to take the next step in their career. This role provides the opportunity to develop expertise in a range of Operations systems (such as OFS, MEX, Cropster, Netsuite), providing a wider career trajectory beyond roaster machine operator duties.
Key Facets of the role:
- Supervision and leadership of our Roasting and Packing Teams;
- Responsible for the efficient and timely operation of the roasting and packing lines;
- Provides roaster and packing technical advice to operators, troubleshooting issues on shift with support from the Facilities & Maintenance Manager on equipment performance and maintenance issues.
- Partner with the Production Manager to execute long-term growth activity of the packaging line, including training, development, engagement, and equipment-proficiency assessment for the packing team;
- Analyse cropster data, participate in cuppings with the Quality Control Manager, providing feedback to roasters and roast profile adjustments;
- Roast on our Diedrich Coffee Roasting machines;
- Pack / Bagging of coffee as required.
- Assist with creating new recipes and blends of coffee.
What skills and knowledge do I need?
- Passion and thirst for coffee knowledge and excellence, prior experience in the specialty coffee industry is a non-negotiable;
- Previous roasting experience;
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques;
- Highly motivated with the ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines under pressure in a busy working environment;
- Work in a fast-moving environment, be physically fit and do repetitive heavy lifting;
- A high level of communication, organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working within a team, passionate about the evolution of coffee and how it elevates the everyday lives of our growers, customers and our people.
- Unique coffee business with large scale resources, with agile culture;
- Learn coffee from industry best & play with superlative equipment;
- Taste the best coffees in the world !
- Part of a global business with expansion plans;
- The opportunity to be part of a business with a focus on sustainability, well-being, and your development.
So if you aspire to achieve great things in your every day, and where no two days are the same then this is role is for you.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter HERE. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.