Veneziano Coffee Roasters will hold a coffee roasting masterclass with professional roasting consultant Scott Rao at Veneziano Coffee Richmondfrom 8am to 11am on 9 February.
Scott has worked in the United States, New Zealand, and Canadian coffee industries and authored books such as The Professional Barista’s Handbook, Everything but Espresso, and The Coffee Roaster’s Companion.
Veneziano says whether they are novice roasters or veterans with decades of experience, attendees will leave with plenty of useful new ideas and methods to implement at their roasteries.
The class will include:
- Three hours of lecture and Q&A
- Cupping and curve analysis of the Roast Defect Kit, to demonstrate good, baked, and underdeveloped roasts.
- Methods to manage rate of rise (ROR) curves
- Advanced methods to prevent ROR crashes and flicks
- How to modify roasting machines for better performance.
- Pro tips to get the most out of Cropster and other roasting software.
- How to adapt various strategies to different types of machines.
For more information, click here.