A recipe from The Nourished Chef
The Nourished Chef, Clarissa Kocovski, has been curating and recipe developing low carb, gluten, and dairy-free recipes for the last five years. Recently she has been inspired to embrace plant-based living and has adapted this philosophy throughout her recipes. Long-term sustainability is something she’s very passionate about and working with the power of plants in her kitchen has been an eye-opening journey. She hopes by showcasing the true ingredients she uses and sharing her recipes will educate and inspire home cooks. Follow her Instagram here: @thenourishedchef
Makes six to seven large donuts
1 ¼ Cups Self Raising Powder Glaze
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Ground Ginger 1 ½ Tbsp Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
¼ tsp Ground All Spice ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp Ground Cloves
½ Cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
⅓ Cup Coconut or Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 3 Tbsp warmed Califia Farms Almond Milk)
1 ½ Tbsp Neutral Oil
½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease donut pan with oil of choice. Set aside.
- For the flax egg, combine flaxseed meal and warm almond milk in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, add all dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Add wet ingredients. Stir to combine until you reach a smooth batter.
- Add donut batter to a piping bag or ziploc bag with the corner snipped off. Pipe around each cavity of the donut pan. Fill ¾ high.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan before placing onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the glaze; combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until completely combined. Add a splash more almond milk if needed. When ready to serve, dip or drizzle the donuts into the glaze. Sprinkle crushed Christmas candy canes (optional). Enjoy!