Maurizio Marcocci puts three multi-boiler espresso machines through their paces as Service Sphere welcomes new Rancilio, ECM, and Victoria Arduino models to its portfolio.
It’s an exciting time to be in the market for a new espresso machine. Whether you’re continuing to work from home, looking for a new addition to your office, roastery or coffee shop to meet demand for you and your customers, three new multi-boiler machines come to mind: the Rancilio Silvia Pro, ECM Synchronika and Victoria Arduino Eagle One Prima. In a time when space, sustainability and usability are front of mind, these machines are serious market contenders. To prove so, I’ve put them to the test to help you make an informed purchasing decision.
RANCILIO SILVIA PRO
The Silvia Pro is the new single group espresso machine by Rancilio. A vast upgrade from the previous versions, the Silvia Pro provides precision and control over every shot, with limited footprint due to its compact design. The Silvia Pro is a blend of the professional performance of Rancilio espresso machines and the robust simplicity of the Silvia. With the addition of two proportional integral derivatives (PID), a digital display, two independent boilers and a wider range of coffee solutions, the Silvia Pro is designed to provide café quality espresso from the comfort of home.
- Double boiler: Electronic control over water and independent regulation of different temperatures for both coffee extraction and steam delivery are easily manageable via the display buttons. Two PID controllers – located in the coffee boiler and the new steam boiler – keep the heat consistent and stable, offering extremely precise temperature stability, shot after shot.
- Thermal stability: The Silvia Pro’s impressive thermal stability puts it in the top class of commercial espresso machines, offering extremely precise temperature delivery for espresso.
- Powerful steam: Steam like a pro with high powered steam delivery. All espresso-based milk beverages can be made with ease with luscious foam and creamy steamed milk.
- Digital display: The display presents temperature levels, a shot timer, water level alert and a “wake up” function that can switch on the machine at a
- Build quality: High-quality professional build with heavy-duty components. This includes an ergonomic portafilter, insulated boilers, multi-directional stainless-steel steam wand, cup tray and dedicated coffee boiler. This machine features Rancilio’s commercial components and brewing technology in just 25 centimetres.
The Synchronika from ECM is an adapt dual-boiler machine boasting a wealth of innovation focused on impressing the most expert home barista. Top quality components offer raw power, excelled thanks to ECM’s custom styling. The Synchronika guarantees a maximum in flexibility with its dual boiler system.
- Stainless steel coffee boiler and steam/hot water boiler
- Subtle, silver-coloured PID display
– for the individual adjustment of the temperatures
– to indicate the coffee brewing time
– for an optional display of the brew group cleaning reminder
- High-end ECM brew group with innovative stainless-steel bell
- Low-noise rotary pump
- Switchable from water tank to a fixed water connection
- Large boiler and pump pressure gauges in a retro design
- Professional quick-steam and hot-water valves, in an extravagant design, with an ergonomic movement mechanism
- Two ergonomically angled ECM portafilters with weight-balanced shape.
VICTORIA ARDUINO EAGLE ONE PRIMA
This one-group espresso coffee machine is ready to bring you the ultimate Victoria Arduino coffee experience. This machine presents a new way to prepare and enjoy espresso coffee at home, at the office, or for any venue on the market for a compact machine with all the same technology Victoria Arduino is renowned for, but in a small size. It is a versatile and eclectic machine that opens up a new way of living.
- New Engine Optimisation (NEO): The NEO engine uses an instant heating system with a unique insulation mechanism, that reduces not only the heat dispersion but also energy consumption. It works almost instantly, allowing only the necessary amount of water for the extraction to be heated, thus reducing energy-related costs
- 100 per cent digital: It’s possible to set the temperature and see the extraction time along with the steam and hot water from the Victoria Arduino app. You can create recipes and share them with the community. It has all the functions of a professional device at hand, controlled by a user-friendly and straightforward app.
- Versatile: The Prima is available in many colours and textures to adapt to current trends.
- Low environmental impact: The Prima is a sustainable alternative that considers the machine’s environmental impact in terms of economic and energy savings. NEO technology uses less energy to heat water for coffee extraction. Its boiler size is also reduced and covered with an innovative insulating material to avoid possible energy dispersions.
The choice is yours, but whatever you decide, know that you’re making an investment in your coffee experience from three exceptional machines.
For more information, a complimentary one-on-one demonstration, or to purchase a unit, contact Service Sphere on 1300 730 680 or visit servicesphere.com.au
* The below table of information has been collated as a result of Service Sphere testing.