Celebity chef Darren Purchese of Belgium chocolate maker Callebaut and Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio has put together a chocolate and coffee cookie recipe that will give Santa the energy boost he needs on Christmas Eve. Darren says it also wouldn’t hurt if someone needs a 3pm pick me up.
- 220g Unsalted butter
- 200g Soft light brown sugar
- 180g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate soda, sieved
- 2 Eggs, whole
- 350g Plain flour, sieved
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 50g Coffee, freshly ground
- 150g Callebaut Dark chocolate (plus extra for baking)
- 250g Callebaut Gold Callets (plus extra for baking)
- Finish Salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, caster sugar, salt, and bicarbonate soda together with a beater.
- Mix for two minutes on a medium speed and then scrape down the sides.
- Mix for three minutes on a medium to high speed then scrape down sides.
- Add the egg gradually while continuing to beat on a low to medium speed.
- Add all egg in and mix well before scraping down the sides.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, coffee, and chocolates and beat slowly until it is all incorporated.
- Weigh the mix into 85 gram balls and chill.
- Bake in an oven for 17 minutes, remove from the oven and press gently with a weight.
- Add dark chocolate and GoldCallet chocolate buttons to the top and melt.
Makes 18 cookies.
For more information, visit www.burchandpurchese.com