Vitasoy Australia’s search for Australia’s Biggest Coffee Nut is over, with Rhys Miller from Everton Park in Brisbane crowned its new Chief Coffee Taster.
Vitasoy Australia held the contest in celebration of the launch of its reformulated Cafe for Baristas Almond Milk.
Following some rigorous judging and impressive video entries, Vitasoy Australia says it has found out exactly which “Aussie is truly loco for lattes”. Rhys won the judges over by proving he truly has coffee running through his veins with an absolutely extraordinary at-home coffee set-up.
Vitasoy says Rhys’ impressive home coffee station is what barista dreams are made of, including a coffee grinder, coffee distributor, coffee tamper, coffee machine, filter, a range of sustainable cups, coffee scale, compressor for travel, and an AeroPress.
Rhys will receive the full Chief Coffee Taster experience, including:
- Learning all there is to learn about coffee from Australia’s 2019 barista champion Matt Lewin
- Exploring the tastier, frothier, and creamier Cafe for Baristas Almond Milk reformulation
- Attending a coffee tasting experience with the latest plant milk innovations (location dependant on current COVID-19 restrictions)
- Receiving exposure to some of the best innovations in coffee and taste more coffee “than a normal person would care to”
- Receiving $10,000 (prior to tax) for their one month fixed-term contract period
“We know Australia is home to some of the best baristas and coffee lovers, but we really were blown away with the amazing entries for the Chief Coffee Taster role. We can’t wait to see what our new team member can do with the newly reformulated Vitasoy Cafe for Baristas Almond Milk,” says Nick Bartram, Marketing & Strategy Director, Vitasoy Australia.
View this post on Instagram
See more from Vitasoy Australia on Instagram, @vitasoycafe #coffeenut #vitasoycoffee